Lately I’ve been getting a number of people asking me to link part of my Streaming setup. Over the last year or so, I’ve slowly upgraded things on a piece by piece basis to enhance the overall production quality of my streams.
So rather than finding the exact link of where I bought what, and sending it on, I figured I’d use my blog for a change and write it all up here.
Gaming & Streaming PC
Some streamers use an auxiliary PC to do the bulk of their encoding before sending that information on to Twitch. However, I do it all from the same unit.
Arguably, doing it from a second PC means your actual rig is able to dedicate more resources to your game, or your stream PC is able to dedicate more resources towards quality. I don’t have the room in the studio, so I’ve upgraded my PC to do both functions.
- CPU/Processor: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20Ghz
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition GTX1070 8GB
- RAM/Memory: 2x 8GB HYPERX DDR4 Memory @ 2133Mhz
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B250F Gaming Motherboard
- OS Drive: HYPERX 3K 248GB SSD
- Aux Storage: 1x 4TB Seagate Barracuda Green 7200RPM
- Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Ultra+
- Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate
- Mouse: Razer Naga Epic
- Primary Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z 144hz Gaming Monitor
- Secondary Monitor: BenQ GL2440 60hz Monitor
- Speakers: Edifier R2000DB Desktop Speakers
Streaming Specific Equipment
If you’re interested in what I use for my streaming equipment, you’ll find that below. I’ve kept this separate to the main rig components because I generally only use the following for streaming or content production.
- Microphone: Razer Seiren USB
- Mic Arm: Rode PSA1 Boom Mic Arm
- Webcam: Logitech C922 Pro Streaming Webcam
- Green Screen: Generic Muslin Cloth 1m x 2.5m Greenscreen Material
- GS Frame: Unbranded Greenscreen Stand Kit
- Lighting: Portable USB LED Lightbar Natural White
- Hotkeys: Elgato StreamDeck
Any questions about these, leave me a comment and I’ll answer in due course.